Major Gifts & Donor Relations Officer
This newly created position of Major Gifts & Donor Relations Officer enhances the current Development, Marketing and Community Relations Department at a pivotal moment in JESPY House’s history. The position requires creativity, thoughtfulness, strategic thinking, and a willingness to expand JESPY’s footprint within the philanthropic community.
The Major Gifts & Donor Relations Officer will be responsible for shaping and implementing a major gifts program that incorporates both annual and capital giving to JESPY House. The position requires identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of existing major donors as well as major donor prospects. Communicating JESPY House’s Roadmap for the Future to the public is a critical component of this position. Working with a dedicated Executive Director and reporting directly to the Director of Development, Marketing & Community Relations, the Major Gifts & Donor Relations Officer has an opportunity to take JESPY House to the next level in attracting and sustaining philanthropic support from a variety of individual audiences.
- In coordination with the Executive Director, Director of Development, Marketing and Community Relations the Development & Fundraising Committee of the Board, and Philanthropy Consultants, review and adopt the comprehensive Development Plan, inclusive of the Roadmap for the Future initiatives, ongoing annual appeals efforts, and events, including cultivation receptions.
- Aligned with the marketing efforts, review and adopt the comprehensive Case for Support detailing JESPY’s current operational needs and vision for the future.
- Establish enduring relationships with existing JESPY House major donors that helps them sustain and increase their giving and also provides opportunities to introduce new networks to JESPY House. Identify and cultivate new areas of philanthropic potential in New Jersey, as well as throughout the tri-state area.
- Utilize the E-tapestry donor database system to track donor relationships, in accordance with moves management process.
- Make direct, face-to-face solicitations based on qualified and approved prospects.
- Working with team, coordinate an effective program for acknowledgement, recognition, involvement, and stewardship of major donors.
- Attend all fundraising and stewardship events, cultivating and stewarding donors.
- Report progress, including successes and challenges, weekly.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 7 years' experience in nonprofit development, with minimum 3 years of experience in major gift solicitation
- Demonstrated success in driving revenue growth through private fundraising and meeting a seven-figure annual revenue goal
- Proven track record in successfully cultivating and stewarding major donors and soliciting high five and six-figure gifts
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and public presentation skills
- Flexible schedule to work/attend evening and weekend events as needed
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and CRM database
- Ability to analyze and understand basic financial reports, goal progress reports, etc.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and staff